Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
The PAN Foundation’s Acromegaly fund is currently closed. As of April 1, 2020, the HealthWell Foundation is accepting applications.
For current information, log in to FundFinder.
$5,900 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for acromegaly.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Bromocriptine Mesylate (bromocriptine mesylate)
- Cabergoline (cabergoline)
- Cycloset (bromocriptine mesylate)
- Octreotide Acetate (octreotide acetate)
- Parlodel (bromocriptine mesylate)
- Sandostatin (octreotide acetate)
- Sandostatin Lar Depot (octreotide acetate, microspheres)
- Signifor Lar (pasireotide pamoate)
- Somatuline Depot (lanreotide acetate)
- Somavert (pegvisomant)
About the Disease:
Acromegaly is a hormonal disorder that develops when the pituitary gland produces too much growth hormone. It is a chronic disease of the endocrine system.
Source: National Institutes of Health