Open - We are accepting applications for new and renewal patients. If your application for assistance is approved you can begin receiving funding immediately.
$5,900 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for acromegaly.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Bromocriptine Mesylate (bromocriptine mesylate)
- Cabergoline (cabergoline)
- Octreotide Acetate (octreotide acetate)
- Parlodel (bromocriptine mesylate)
- Sandostatin (octreotide acetate)
- Sandostatin Lar Depot (octreotide acetate, microspheres)
- Signifor Lar (pasireotide pamoate)
- Somatuline Depot (lanreotide acetate)
- Somavert (pegvisomant)
About the Disease:
Acromegaly is a hormonal disorder that develops when the pituitary gland produces too much growth hormone. It is a chronic disease of the endocrine system.
Source: National Institutes of Health