Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
The PAN Foundation’s Acute Myeloid Leukemia fund is currently closed. As of November 12, 2019, HealthWell is accepting applications.
For current information, log in to FundFinder.
$5,500 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for acute myeloid leukemia.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Arsenic Trioxide (arsenic trioxide)
- Azacitidine (azacitidine)
- Betamethasone Acetate-sod Phos (betamethasone acetate and sodium phos in sterile water/pf)
- Betamethasone Sod Phos-acetate (betamethasone acetate/betamethasone sodium phosphate)
- Cladribine (cladribine)
- Clolar (clofarabine)
- Cytarabine (cytarabine/pf)
- Dacogen (decitabine)
- Daunorubicin Hcl (daunorubicin hcl)
- Daurismo (glasdegib maleate)
- Decitabine (decitabine)
- Droxia (hydroxyurea)
- Elzonris (tagraxofusp-erzs)
- Etopophos (etoposide phosphate)
- Etoposide (etoposide)
- Fludarabine Phosphate (fludarabine phosphate)
- Hydrea (hydroxyurea)
- Hydroxyurea (hydroxyurea)
- Idamycin Pfs (idarubicin hcl)
- Idarubicin Hcl (idarubicin hcl)
- Idhifa (enasidenib mesylate)
- Mercaptopurine (mercaptopurine)
- Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium)
- Mitoxantrone Hcl (mitoxantrone hcl)
- Mylotarg (gemtuzumab ozogamicin)
- Nexavar (sorafenib tosylate)
- Otrexup (methotrexate/pf)
- Purixan (mercaptopurine)
- Rasuvo (methotrexate/pf)
- Rydapt (midostaurin)
- Tibsovo (ivosidenib)
- Toposar (etoposide)
- Tretinoin (tretinoin)
- Triamcinolone Acetonide (triamcinolone acetonide)
- Triamcinolone Diacetate (triamcinolone diacetate in 0.9 % sodium chloride)
- Trisenox (arsenic trioxide)
- Venclexta (venetoclax)
- Venclexta Starting Pack (venetoclax)
- Vidaza (azacitidine)
- Vyxeos (daunorubicin/cytarabine liposomal)
- Xospata (gilteritinib fumarate)
ICD-10: C92.00, C92.01, C92.02, C92.40, C92.41, C92.42, C92.50, C92.51, C92.52, C92.60, C92.61, C92.62, C92.90, C92.91, C92.92, C92.A0, C92.A1, C92.A2, C92.Z0, C92.Z1, C92.Z2, C93.00, C93.01, C93.02, C94.00, C94.01, C94.02, C94.20, C94.21, C94.22, C94.30, C94.31, C94.32, C95.00, C95.01, C95.02
About the Disease:
Acute myeloid leukemia (AML), also known as acute myeloblastic leukemia, is a type of cancer of the blood and bone marrow with excess immature white blood cells. AML is a rare disease that affects the circulatory system.
Source: National Institutes of Health