Open - We are accepting applications for new and renewal patients. If your application for assistance is approved you can begin receiving funding immediately.
$7,800 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for amyloidosis.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Actemra (tocilizumab)
- Active Injection Kit D (dexamethasone sodium phosphate/pf)
- Alferon N (interferon alfa-n3)
- Alkeran (melphalan)
- Astagraf Xl (tacrolimus)
- Betamethasone Acetate-Sod Phos (betamethasone acetate and sodium phos in sterile water/pf)
- Bortezomib (bortezomib)
- Colchicine (colchicine)
- Colcrys (colchicine)
- Cyclophosphamide (cyclophosphamide)
- Decadron (dexamethasone)
- Dexamethasone Acetate La (dexamethasone acetate in sodium chloride, iso-osmotic)
- Dexamethasone Intensol (dexamethasone)
- Dexamethasone-0.9% Nacl (dexamethasone sodium phosphate in 0.9 % sodium chloride)
- Dexpak (dexamethasone)
- Dmt Suik (dexamethasone/pf/norflurane/pentafluoropropane (hfc 245fa))
- Doubledex (dexamethasone sodium phosphate/pf)
- Enbrel (etanercept)
- Envarsus Xr (tacrolimus)
- Evomela (melphalan hcl/betadex sulfobutyl ether sodium)
- Humira (adalimumab)
- Humira Pediatric Crohn'S (adalimumab)
- Ilaris (canakinumab/pf)
- Inflectra (infliximab-dyyb)
- Intron A (interferon alfa-2b,recomb.)
- Kineret (anakinra)
- Lidocidex-I (dexamethasone sodium phosphate/lidocaine hcl)
- Locort (dexamethasone)
- Mas Care-Pak (dexamethasone sodium phosphate/pf)
- Melphalan Hcl (melphalan hcl)
- Mitigare (colchicine)
- Onpattro (patisiran sodium, lipid complex)
- Pomalyst (pomalidomide)
- Prograf (tacrolimus)
- Protopic (tacrolimus)
- Remicade (infliximab)
- Renflexis (infliximab-abda)
- Revlimid (lenalidomide)
- Tacrolimus (tacrolimus)
- Taperdex (dexamethasone)
- Tegsedi (inotersen sodium)
- Thalomid (thalidomide)
- Velcade (bortezomib)
- Zodex (dexamethasone)
- Zonacort (dexamethasone)
ICD-10: E85.0, E85.1, E85.2, E85.3 , E85.4, E85.81, E85.82,E85.89, E85.9
About the Disease:
Amyloidosis is characterized by a build-up in amyloid protein in specific organs or throughout the body. It is a rare disease that affects multiple systems. Subtypes include amyloid A (AA) amyloidosis, immunoglobin light change amyloidosis (AL amyloidosis) and hereditary amyloidosis.
Source: National Institutes of Health