Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
For current information, log in to FundFinder.
$6,700 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for carcinoid syndrome.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Adrucil (fluorouracil)
- Alferon N (interferon alfa-n3)
- Avastin (bevacizumab)
- Cetirizine Hcl (cetirizine hcl)
- Cimetidine (cimetidine)
- Cimetidine (cimetidine hcl)
- Cisplatin (cisplatin)
- Clarinex (desloratadine)
- Desloratadine (desloratadine)
- Diphenoxylate-atropine (diphenoxylate hcl/atropine sulfate)
- Etopophos (etoposide phosphate)
- Etoposide (etoposide)
- Famotidine (famotidine)
- Fluorouracil (fluorouracil)
- Intron A (interferon alfa-2b,recomb.)
- Lomotil (diphenoxylate hcl/atropine sulfate)
- Loperamide (loperamide hcl)
- Octreotide Acetate (octreotide acetate)
- Pegasys (peginterferon alfa-2a)
- Pegasys Proclick (peginterferon alfa-2a)
- Pegintron (peginterferon alfa-2b)
- Pegintron Redipen (peginterferon alfa-2b)
- Pepcid (famotidine)
- Ranitidine Hcl (ranitidine hcl)
- Sandostatin (octreotide acetate)
- Sandostatin Lar Depot (octreotide acetate, microspheres)
- Somatuline Depot (lanreotide acetate)
- Sutent (sunitinib malate)
- Sylatron (peginterferon alfa-2b)
- Toposar (etoposide)
- Xermelo (telotristat etiprate)
- Zanosar (streptozocin)
- Zantac (ranitidine hcl)
About the Disease:
Carcinoid syndrome occurs in about 10% of individuals who have an underlying carcinoid tumor. It manifests with flushing, diarrhea and other symptoms that affect multiple systems in the body.
Source: National Institutes of Health