Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
The PAN Foundation’s Chronic Iron or Lead Overload fund is currently closed. As of August 20, 2018, Good Days’ Chronic Iron Overload fund is accepting applications.
$5,000 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for chronic iron or lead overload.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Bal In Oil (dimercaprol)
- Calcium Disodium Versenate (edetate calcium disodium)
- Chemet (succimer)
- Deferoxamine Mesylate (deferoxamine mesylate)
- Desferal (deferoxamine mesylate)
- Exjade (deferasirox)
- Ferriprox (deferiprone)
- Jadenu (deferasirox)
ICD-10: D56.0-D56.9, D57.40-D57.419, E83.10-E83.19, T56.0x1A-T56.0x4S