Open - We are accepting applications for new and renewal patients. If your application for assistance is approved you can begin receiving funding immediately.
$9,700 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for Cushing's disease or syndrome.
- The patient must have health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Acthrel (corticorelin ovine triflutate)
- Amidate (etomidate)
- Cabergoline (cabergoline)
- Cyproheptadine Hcl (cyproheptadine hcl)
- Etomidate (etomidate)
- Ketoconazole (ketoconazole)
- Korlym (mifepristone)
- Lysodren (mitotane)
- Metopirone (metyrapone)
- Mifeprex (mifepristone)
- Mifepristone (mifepristone)
- Signifor (pasireotide diaspartate)
- Signifor Lar (pasireotide pamoate)
ICD-10: E24.0, E24.2, E24.8, E24.9
About the Disease:
Cushing's Disease or Syndrome, hypercortisolism and hyperadrenalism, is a condition where the pituitary gland releases high levels of the hormone cortisol. It is a rare disease that affects the endocrine system.
Source: National Institutes of Health