Open - We are accepting applications for new and renewal patients. If your application for assistance is approved you can begin receiving funding immediately.
$3,500 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for Fabry disease.
- The patient must have health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Fabrazyme (agalsidase beta)
- Galafold (migalastat hcl)
About the Disease:
Fabry disease, also known as angiokeratoma corporis diffusum, ceramide trihexosidosis or Anderson-Fabry disease, is the most prevalent lysosomal storage disorder that results from the buildup of globotriaosylceramide, a particular type of fat, in the body's cells. It is a rare disease that affects multiple systems.
Source: National Institutes of Health