Open - We are accepting applications for new and renewal patients. If your application for assistance is approved you can begin receiving funding immediately.
$12,000 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for Gaucher disease.
- The patient must have health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 400% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Cerdelga (eliglustat tartrate)
- Cerezyme (imiglucerase)
- Elelyso (taliglucerase alfa)
- Miglustat (miglustat)
- Vpriv (velaglucerase alfa)
- Zavesca (miglustat)
About the Disease:
Gaucher disease is a rare genetic disorder resulting from a buildup of fatty substances in certain organs, particularly the spleen or liver.
Source: National Institutes of Health