Open – We are accepting applications for new and renewal patients. If your application for assistance is approved you can begin receiving funding immediately.
$7,000 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for hepatitis C.
- The patient must have health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Copegus (ribavirin)
- Daklinza (daclatasvir dihydrochloride)
- Epclusa (sofosbuvir/velpatasvir)
- Harvoni (ledipasvir/sofosbuvir)
- Intron A (interferon alfa-2b,recomb.)
- Ledipasvir-sofosbuvir (ledipasvir/sofosbuvir)
- Mavyret (glecaprevir/pibrentasvir)
- Moderiba (ribavirin)
- Olysio (simeprevir sodium)
- Pegasys (peginterferon alfa-2a)
- Pegasys Proclick (peginterferon alfa-2a)
- Rebetol (ribavirin)
- Ribasphere (ribavirin)
- Ribasphere Ribapak (ribavirin)
- Ribavirin (ribavirin)
- Sofosbuvir-velpatasvir (sofosbuvir/velpatasvir)
- Sovaldi (sofosbuvir)
- Sylatron (peginterferon alfa-2b)
- Technivie (ombitasvir/paritaprevir/ritonavir)
- Viekira Pak (ombitasvir/paritaprevir/ritonavir/dasabuvir sodium)
- Viekira Xr (ombitasvir/paritaprevir/ritonavir/dasabuvir sodium)
- Vosevi (sofosbuvir/velpatasvir/voxilaprevir)
- Xifaxan (rifaximin)
- Zepatier (elbasvir/grazoprevir)
ICD-10: B17.10, B17.11, B18.2, B19.20, B19.21
About the Disease:
Hepatitis C (HCV), also known as Hep C, is a viral infection that causes liver inflammation. It is a chronic disease that affects the digestive system.
Source: National Institutes of Health