Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
For current information, log in to FundFinder.
$3,500 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for hypercholesterolemia.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 400% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Altoprev (lovastatin)
- Amlodipine-Atorvastatin (amlodipine besylate/atorvastatin calcium)
- Antara (fenofibrate, micronized)
- Atorvastatin Calcium (atorvastatin calcium)
- Caduet (amlodipine besylate/atorvastatin calcium)
- Colesevelam Hcl (colesevelam hcl)
- Colestid (colestipol hcl)
- Colestipol Hcl (colestipol hcl)
- Crestor (rosuvastatin calcium)
- Ezetimibe (ezetimibe)
- Ezetimibe-simvastatin (ezetimibe/simvastatin)
- Fenofibrate (fenofibrate nanocrystallized)
- Fenofibric Acid (fenofibric acid (choline))
- Fenoglide (fenofibrate)
- Fibricor (fenofibric acid)
- Fluvastatin Sodium (fluvastatin sodium)
- Gemfibrozil (gemfibrozil)
- Juxtapid (lomitapide mesylate)
- Kynamro (mipomersen sodium)
- Lescol (fluvastatin sodium)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium)
- Lipofen (fenofibrate)
- Livalo (pitavastatin calcium)
- Lofibra (fenofibrate, micronized)
- Lopid (gemfibrozil)
- Lovastatin (lovastatin)
- Lovaza (omega-3 acid ethyl esters)
- Niacin Er (niacin)
- Niacor (niacin)
- Niaspan (niacin)
- Omega-3 Acid Ethyl Esters (omega-3 acid ethyl esters)
- Praluent (alirocumab)
- Pravachol (pravastatin sodium)
- Pravastatin Sodium (pravastatin sodium)
- Prevalite (cholestyramine/aspartame)
- Questran (cholestyramine (with sugar))
- Repatha Syringe (evolocumab)
- Rosuvastatin Calcium (rosuvastatin calcium)
- Simvastatin (simvastatin)
- Tricor (fenofibrate nanocrystallized)
- Triglide (fenofibrate nanocrystallized)
- Triklo (omega-3 acid ethyl esters)
- Trilipix (fenofibric acid (choline))
- Vascepa (icosapent ethyl)
- Vytorin (ezetimibe/simvastatin)
- Welchol (colesevelam hcl)
- Zetia (ezetimibe)
- Zocor (simvastatin)
- Zypitamag (pitavastatin magnesium)
ICD-10: E78.00, E78.01, E78.2, E78.41, E78.49, E78.5
About the Disease:
Hypercholesterolemia, also known as high cholesterol, is the presence of high levels of cholesterol in the blood. It is a chronic disease of the circulatory system.
Source: National Institutes of Health