Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
The PAN Foundation’s Hypercholesterolemia fund is currently closed. As of January 15, 2020, HealthWell is accepting applications.
For current information, log in to FundFinder.
$2,400 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for hypercholesterolemia.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 400% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Altoprev (lovastatin)
- Amlodipine-atorvastatin (amlodipine besylate/atorvastatin calcium)
- Antara (fenofibrate,micronized)
- Atorvastatin Calcium (atorvastatin calcium)
- Caduet (amlodipine besylate/atorvastatin calcium)
- Cholestyramine (cholestyramine (with sugar))
- Cholestyramine Light (cholestyramine/aspartame)
- Colesevelam Hcl (colesevelam hcl)
- Colestid (colestipol hcl)
- Colestipol Hcl (colestipol hcl)
- Crestor (rosuvastatin calcium)
- Ezallor Sprinkle (rosuvastatin calcium)
- Ezetimibe (ezetimibe)
- Ezetimibe-simvastatin (ezetimibe/simvastatin)
- Fenofibrate (fenofibrate)
- Fenofibrate (fenofibrate nanocrystallized)
- Fenofibrate (fenofibrate,micronized)
- Fenofibric Acid (fenofibric acid)
- Fenofibric Acid (fenofibric acid (choline))
- Fenoglide (fenofibrate)
- Fibricor (fenofibric acid)
- Fluvastatin Sodium (fluvastatin sodium)
- Gemfibrozil (gemfibrozil)
- Juxtapid (lomitapide mesylate)
- Kynamro (mipomersen sodium)
- Lescol (fluvastatin sodium)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium)
- Lipofen (fenofibrate)
- Livalo (pitavastatin calcium)
- Lofibra (fenofibrate)
- Lofibra (fenofibrate,micronized)
- Lopid (gemfibrozil)
- Lovastatin (lovastatin)
- Lovaza (omega-3 acid ethyl esters)
- Niacin Er (niacin)
- Niacor (niacin)
- Niaspan (niacin)
- Omega-3 Acid Ethyl Esters (omega-3 acid ethyl esters)
- Praluent Pen (alirocumab)
- Praluent Syringe (alirocumab)
- Pravachol (pravastatin sodium)
- Pravastatin Sodium (pravastatin sodium)
- Prevalite (cholestyramine/aspartame)
- Questran (cholestyramine (with sugar))
- Questran Light (cholestyramine/aspartame)
- Repatha Pushtronex (evolocumab)
- Repatha Sureclick (evolocumab)
- Repatha Syringe (evolocumab)
- Rosuvastatin Calcium (rosuvastatin calcium)
- Simvastatin (simvastatin)
- Tricor (fenofibrate nanocrystallized)
- Triglide (fenofibrate nanocrystallized)
- Triklo (omega-3 acid ethyl esters)
- Trilipix (fenofibric acid (choline))
- Vascepa (icosapent ethyl)
- Vytorin (ezetimibe/simvastatin)
- Welchol (colesevelam hcl)
- Zetia (ezetimibe)
- Zocor (simvastatin)
- Zypitamag (pitavastatin magnesium)
ICD-10: E78.00, E78.01, E78.2, E78.41, E78.49, E78.5
About the Disease:
Hypercholesterolemia, also known as high cholesterol, is the presence of high levels of cholesterol in the blood. It is a chronic disease of the circulatory system.
Source: National Institutes of Health