Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
For current information, log in to FundFinder.
$1,600 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for hyperkalemia.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Fludrocortisone Acetate (fludrocortisone acetate)
- Kayexalate (sodium polystyrene sulfonate)
- Kionex (sodium polystyrene sulfonate/sorbitol solution)
- Lokelma (sodium zirconium cyclosilicate)
- Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate (sodium polystyrene sulfonate)
- Sps (sodium polystyrene sulfonate/sorbitol solution)
- Veltassa (patiromer calcium sorbitex)
ICD-10: E87.5, P74.31
About the Disease:
Hyperkalemia, also known as high potassium, causes elevated plasma potassium levels. It is a chronic disease that affects the circulatory system.
Source: National Institutes of Health