Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
The PAN Foundation’s Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura fund is currently closed. As of October 17, 2018, Healthwell’s Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura fund is accepting applications.
$3,000 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for immune thrombocytopenic purpura.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 400% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Active Injection Kit D (dexamethasone sodium phosphate/pf)
- A-Hydrocort (hydrocortisone sod succinate)
- A-Methapred (methylprednisolone sodium succinate)
- Bivigam (immune globulin, gamm(igg)/glycine/iga greater than 50 mcg/ml)
- Carimune Nf Nanofiltered (immune globulin, gamm(igg)/sucrose/iga greater than 50 mcg/ml)
- Cortef (hydrocortisone)
- Cortisone Acetate (cortisone acetate)
- Deltasone (prednisone)
- Dexamethasone Intensol (dexamethasone)
- Dexpak (dexamethasone)
- Doptelet (avatrombopag maleate)
- Doubledex (dexamethasone sodium phosphate/pf)
- Flebogamma Dif (immune globulin, gamma (igg)/sorbitol/iga 0 to 50 mcg/ml)
- Flo-Pred (prednisolone acetate)
- Gamastan S-D (immune globulin, gamma(igg)/glycine)
- Gammagard S-D (immune globulin, gamm(igg)/glycine/glucose/iga 0 to 50 mcg/ml)
- Gammaked (immune globulin, gamma(igg)/glycine/iga average 46 mcg/ml)
- Gammaplex (immune globulin, gamm(igg)/sorbitol/glycin/iga 0 to 50 mcg/ml)
- Gamunex (immune globulin, gamm(igg)/glycine/iga greater than 50 mcg/ml)
- Methylprednisolone (methylprednisolone)
- Millipred (prednisolone)
- Mulpleta (lusutrombopag)
- Nplate (romiplostim)
- Octagam (immune globulin, gamm(igg)/maltose/iga greater than 50 mcg/ml)
- Orapred Odt (prednisolone sod phosphate)
- Pediapred (prednisolone sod phosphate)
- Prednisolone (prednisolone)
- Prednisone (prednisone)
- Prelone (prednisolone)
- Privigen (immune globulin, gamma (igg)/proline/iga 0 to 50 mcg/ml)
- Promacta (eltrombopag olamine)
- Rayos (prednisone)
- Rhophylac (rho(d) immune globulin)
- Rituxan (rituximab)
- Solu-Cortef (hydrocortisone sodium succinate/pf)
- Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone sodium succinate/pf)
- Tavalisse (fostamatinib disodium)
- Veripred 20 (prednisolone sod phosphate)
- Winrho Sdf (rho(d) immune globulin/maltose)