Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
For current information, log in to FundFinder.
$4,400 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for immune thrombocytopenic purpura.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 400% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Active Injection Kit D (dexamethasone sodium phosphate/pf)
- A-Hydrocort (hydrocortisone sod succinate)
- Azasan (azathioprine)
- Bivigam (immune globulin, gamm(igg)/glycine/iga greater than 50 mcg/ml)
- Carimune Nf Nanofiltered (immune globulin, gamm(igg)/sucrose/iga greater than 50 mcg/ml)
- Cellcept (mycophenolate mofetil)
- Cortef (hydrocortisone)
- Cortisone Acetate (cortisone acetate)
- Deltasone (prednisone)
- Dexamethasone Intensol (dexamethasone)
- Dexpak (dexamethasone)
- Doptelet (avatrombopag maleate)
- Doubledex (dexamethasone sodium phosphate/pf)
- Flebogamma Dif (immune globulin, gamma (igg)/sorbitol/iga 0 to 50 mcg/ml)
- Gamastan (immune globulin,gamma(igg)/glycine)
- Gammaked (immune globulin, gamma(igg)/glycine/iga average 46 mcg/ml)
- Gammaplex (immune globulin, gamm(igg)/sorbitol/glycin/iga 0 to 50 mcg/ml)
- Gamunex-C (immune globulin, gamma(igg)/glycine/iga average 46 mcg/ml)
- Gengraf (cyclosporine, modified)
- Hydrocortisone (hydrocortisone)
- Imuran (azathioprine)
- Methylprednisolone (methylprednisolone)
- Millipred (prednisolone)
- Mulpleta (lusutrombopag)
- Myfortic (mycophenolate sodium)
- Neoral (cyclosporine, modified)
- Nplate (romiplostim)
- Octagam (immune globulin, gamm(igg)/maltose/iga greater than 50 mcg/ml)
- Orapred Odt (prednisolone sodium phosphate)
- Pediapred (prednisolone sodium phosphate)
- Prednisolone (prednisolone)
- Prednisone (prednisone)
- Privigen (immune globulin, gamma (igg)/proline/iga 0 to 50 mcg/ml)
- Promacta (eltrombopag olamine)
- Rayos (prednisone)
- Rhophylac (rho(d) immune globulin)
- Rituxan (rituximab)
- Sandimmune (cyclosporine)
- Solu-Cortef (hydrocortisone sodium succinate/pf)
- Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone sodium succinate/pf)
- Tavalisse (fostamatinib disodium)
- Veripred 20 (prednisolone sodium phosphate)
- Winrho Sdf (rho(d) immune globulin/maltose)
ICD-10: D69.3, D69.42, D69.49, D69.51, D69.59, D69.6
About the Disease:
Immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), also known as idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, is a disorder that can lead to easy or excessive bruising and bleeding. ITP is a chronic disease that affects the circulatory system.
Source: National Institutes of Health