Open - We are accepting applications for new and renewal patients. If your application for assistance is approved you can begin receiving funding immediately.
$2,700 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for inherited retinal disease.
- The patient must have health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Aquasol A (vitamin a palmitate)
- Avastin (bevacizumab)
- Bevacizumab (bevacizumab)
- Eylea (aflibercept)
- Lovaza (omega-3 acid ethyl esters)
- Lucentis (ranibizumab)
- Luxturna (voretigene neparvovec-rzyl)
- Omega-3 Acid Ethyl Esters (omega-3 acid ethyl esters)
- Triklo (omega-3 acid ethyl esters)
ICD-10: H31.21, H35.3110, H35.3111, H35.3112, H35.3113, H35.3114, H35.3120, H35.3121, H35.3122, H35.3123, H35.3124, H35.3130, H35.3131, H35.3132, H35.3133, H35.3134, H35.3190, H35.3191, H35.3192, H35.3193, H35.3194, H35.3210, H35.3211, H35.3212, H35.3213, H35.3220, H35.3221, H35.3222, H35.3223, H35.3230, H35.3231, H35.3232, H35.3233, H35.3290, H35.3291, H35.3292, H35.3293, H35.351, H35.352, H35.353, H35.359, H35.361, H35.362, H35.363, H35.369, H35.371, H35.372, H35.373, H35.379, H35.50, H35.51, H35.52, H35.53 H35.54, H35.89, H44.20, H44.21, H44.22, H44.23, H44.2A1, H44.2A2, H44.2A3, H44.2A9, H47.21, H47.211, H47.212, H47.213, H47.219, H47.22
About the Disease:
Inherited retinal disease (IRD), also known as inherited retinal disorder, is a disorder caused by an inherited gene mutation which can result in vision loss or blindness. IRD is a rare disease that affects the nervous system. Subtypes include choroideremia, cone road dystrophy, juvenile macular degeneration, leber congenital amaurosis and retinitis pigmentosa.
Source: National Institutes of Health