Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
The PAN Foundation’s Melanoma fund is currently closed. As of February 20, 2020, HealthWell is accepting applications.
For current information, log in to FundFinder.
$6,400 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for melanoma.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Abraxane (paclitaxel protein-bound)
- Aldara (imiquimod)
- Alkeran (melphalan hcl)
- Bcg (tice Strain) (bcg live)
- Bicnu (carmustine)
- Braftovi (encorafenib)
- Carboplatin (carboplatin)
- Cisplatin (cisplatin)
- Cotellic (cobimetinib fumarate)
- Dacarbazine (dacarbazine)
- Gleevec (imatinib mesylate)
- Gleostine (lomustine)
- Imatinib Mesylate (imatinib mesylate)
- Imiquimod (imiquimod)
- Imlygic (talimogene laherparepvec)
- Intron A (interferon alfa-2b,recomb.)
- Keytruda (pembrolizumab)
- Mekinist (trametinib dimethyl sulfoxide)
- Mektovi (binimetinib)
- Opdivo (nivolumab)
- Paclitaxel (paclitaxel)
- Proleukin (aldesleukin)
- Sylatron (peginterferon alfa-2b)
- Tafinlar (dabrafenib mesylate)
- Temodar (temozolomide)
- Temozolomide (temozolomide)
- Vinblastine Sulfate (vinblastine sulfate)
- Vitrakvi (larotrectinib sulfate)
- Yervoy (ipilimumab)
- Zelboraf (vemurafenib)
ICD-10: C43.0, C43.10, C43.111, C43.112, C43.121, C43.122, C43.20, C43.21, C43.22, C43.30, C43.31, C43.39, C43.4, C43.51, C43.52, C43.59, C43.60, C43.61, C43.62, C43.70, C43.71, C43.72, C43.8, C43.9, C69.00, C69.01, C69.02, C69.30, C69.31, C69.32, C69.40, C69.41, C69.42, D03.0, D03.10, D03.111, D03.112, D03.121, D03.122, D03.20, D03.21, D03.22, D03.30, D03.39, D03.4, D03.51, D03.52, D03.59, D03.60, D03.61, D03.62, D03.70, D03.71, D03.72, D03.8, D03.9
About the Disease:
Melanoma (MEL), also known as malignant melanoma, is a type of skin cancer that begins in the melanocytes. Melanoma affects the integumentary system.
Source: National Institutes of Health