Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
For current information, log in to FundFinder.
$6,400 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for melanoma.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Abraxane (paclitaxel protein-bound)
- Aldara (imiquimod)
- Alkeran (melphalan hcl)
- Bcg (tice Strain) (bcg live)
- Bicnu (carmustine)
- Braftovi (encorafenib)
- Carboplatin (carboplatin)
- Cisplatin (cisplatin)
- Cotellic (cobimetinib fumarate)
- Dacarbazine (dacarbazine)
- Gleevec (imatinib mesylate)
- Gleostine (lomustine)
- Imatinib Mesylate (imatinib mesylate)
- Imiquimod (imiquimod)
- Imlygic (talimogene laherparepvec)
- Intron A (interferon alfa-2b,recomb.)
- Keytruda (pembrolizumab)
- Mekinist (trametinib dimethyl sulfoxide)
- Mektovi (binimetinib)
- Opdivo (nivolumab)
- Paclitaxel (paclitaxel)
- Proleukin (aldesleukin)
- Sylatron (peginterferon alfa-2b)
- Tafinlar (dabrafenib mesylate)
- Temodar (temozolomide)
- Temozolomide (temozolomide)
- Vinblastine Sulfate (vinblastine sulfate)
- Vitrakvi (larotrectinib sulfate)
- Yervoy (ipilimumab)
- Zelboraf (vemurafenib)
ICD-10: C43.0, C43.10, C43.111, C43.112, C43.121, C43.122, C43.20, C43.21, C43.22, C43.30, C43.31, C43.39, C43.4, C43.51, C43.52, C43.59, C43.60, C43.61, C43.62, C43.70, C43.71, C43.72, C43.8, C43.9, C69.00, C69.01, C69.02, C69.30, C69.31, C69.32, C69.40, C69.41, C69.42, D03.0, D03.10, D03.111, D03.112, D03.121, D03.122, D03.20, D03.21, D03.22, D03.30, D03.39, D03.4, D03.51, D03.52, D03.59, D03.60, D03.61, D03.62, D03.70, D03.71, D03.72, D03.8, D03.9
About the Disease:
Melanoma (MEL), also known as malignant melanoma, is a type of skin cancer that begins in the melanocytes. Melanoma affects the integumentary system.
Source: National Institutes of Health