Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
For current information, log in to FundFinder.
$5,900 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma.
- The patient must have health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Afinitor (everolimus)
- Amlodipine Besylate (amlodipine besylate)
- Atenolol (atenolol)
- Azedra Dosimetric (iobenguane iodine-131)
- Azedra Therapeutic (iobenguane iodine-131)
- Cabometyx (cabozantinib s-malate)
- Cardene I.V. (nicardipine hcl)
- Cometriq (cabozantinib s-malate)
- Cyclophosphamide (cyclophosphamide)
- Dacarbazine (dacarbazine)
- Demser (metyrosine)
- Doxazosin Mesylate (doxazosin mesylate)
- Hemangeol (propranolol hcl)
- Inderal La (propranolol hcl)
- Inlyta (axitinib)
- Innopran Xl (propranolol hcl)
- Labetalol Hcl (labetalol hcl)
- Labetalol Hcl-D5W (labetalol in dextrose 5 % in water)
- Lenvima (lenvatinib mesylate)
- Lopressor (metoprolol tartrate)
- Metoprolol Succinate (metoprolol succinate)
- Metoprolol Tartrate (metoprolol tartrate)
- Nicardipine Hcl (nicardipine hcl)
- Nicardipine Hcl-0.9% Nacl (nicardipine hcl in 0.9 % sodium chloride)
- Nicardipine Hcl-D5W (nicardipine in 5 % dextrose in water)
- Nitropress (nitroprusside sodium)
- Norvasc (amlodipine besylate)
- Phenoxybenzamine Hcl (phenoxybenzamine hcl)
- Phentolamine Mesylate (phentolamine mesylate)
- Prazosin Hcl (prazosin hcl)
- Propranolol Hcl (propranolol hcl)
- Propranolol-Hydrochlorothiazid (propranolol hcl/hydrochlorothiazide)
- Sodium Nitroprusside (nitroprusside sodium)
- Sutent (sunitinib malate)
- Temodar (temozolomide)
- Temozolomide (temozolomide)
- Tenormin (atenolol)
- Terazosin Hcl (terazosin hcl)
- Toprol Xl (metoprolol succinate)
- Vincasar Pfs (vincristine sulfate)
- Vincristine Sulfate (vincristine sulfate)
- Zortress (everolimus)
ICD-10: C75.5, D35.00, D35.01, D35.02, D35.6, D44.7
About the Disease:
Pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma, also known as pheo and para, are rare tumors. Pheochromocytomas form in the the center of the adrenal gland and paragangliomas form outside the adrenal gland. Pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma affect the endocrine system.
Source: National Institutes of Health