Open – We are accepting applications for new and renewal patients. If your application for assistance is approved you can begin receiving funding immediately.
$8,500 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for Philadelphia chromosome negative myeloproliferative neoplasms.
- The patient must have health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Agrylin (anagrelide hcl)
- Alkeran (melphalan hcl)
- Anagrelide Hcl (anagrelide hcl)
- Busulfan (busulfan)
- Busulfex (busulfan)
- Cladribine (cladribine)
- Danazol (danazol)
- Deferasirox (deferasirox)
- Deltasone (prednisone)
- Droxia (hydroxyurea)
- Exjade (deferasirox)
- Gleevec (imatinib mesylate)
- Hydrea (hydroxyurea)
- Hydroxyurea (hydroxyurea)
- Imatinib Mesylate (imatinib mesylate)
- Inrebic (fedratinib dihydrochloride)
- Intron A (interferon alfa-2b,recomb.)
- Jadenu (deferasirox)
- Jadenu Sprinkle (deferasirox)
- Jakafi (ruxolitinib phosphate)
- Medrol (methylprednisolone)
- Methylprednisolone (methylprednisolone)
- Myleran (busulfan)
- Pegasys (peginterferon alfa-2a)
- Pegasys Proclick (peginterferon alfa-2a)
- Pegintron (peginterferon alfa-2b)
- Pegintron Redipen (peginterferon alfa-2b)
- Pomalyst (pomalidomide)
- Prednisone (prednisone)
- Revlimid (lenalidomide)
- Siklos (hydroxyurea)
- Sylatron (peginterferon alfa-2b)
- Thalomid (thalidomide)
ICD-10: C92.20, C92.21, C92.22, C94.40, C94.41, C94.42, D45, D47.1, D47.3, D47.4, D75.81
About the Disease:
Philadelphia chromosome negative myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN) is a cancer associated with increased production of blood cells. It affects the circulatory system. Subtypes include polycythemia vera, essential thrombocythemia, myelofibrosis, chronic neutrophilic leukemia, chronic eosinophilic leukemia, and chronic myeloid leukemia BCR/ABL Negative.
Source: National Institutes of Health