Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
The PAN Foundation’s Postmenopausal Osteoporosis fund is currently closed. As of October 21, 2019, Patient Advocate Foundation is accepting applications.
For current information, log in to FundFinder.
$600 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for postmenopausal osteoporosis.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 400% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Actonel (risedronate sodium)
- Alendronate Sodium (alendronate sodium)
- Alora (estradiol)
- Atelvia (risedronate sodium)
- Binosto (alendronate sodium)
- Boniva (ibandronate sodium)
- Calcitonin-salmon (calcitonin,salmon,synthetic)
- Climara (estradiol)
- Delestrogen (estradiol valerate)
- Depo-estradiol (estradiol cypionate)
- Divigel (estradiol)
- Dotti (estradiol)
- Duavee (estrogens, conjugated/bazedoxifene acetate)
- Elestrin (estradiol)
- Estrace (estradiol)
- Estradiol Valerate (estradiol valerate)
- Estrogel (estradiol)
- Evamist (estradiol)
- Evenity (romosozumab-aqqg)
- Evenity (2 Syringes) (romosozumab-aqqg)
- Evista (raloxifene hcl)
- Forteo (teriparatide)
- Fosamax (alendronate sodium)
- Fosamax Plus D (alendronate sodium/cholecalciferol (vitamin d3))
- Ibandronate Sodium (ibandronate sodium)
- Menest (estrogens,esterified)
- Menostar (estradiol)
- Miacalcin (calcitonin,salmon,synthetic)
- Minivelle (estradiol)
- Premarin (estrogens, conjugated)
- Prolia (denosumab)
- Raloxifene Hcl (raloxifene hcl)
- Reclast (zoledronic acid in mannitol and water for injection)
- Risedronate Sodium (risedronate sodium)
- Tymlos (abaloparatide)
- Vivelle-dot (estradiol)
- Zoledronic Acid (zoledronic acid)
ICD-10: M80.00XA, M80.00XD, M80.00XG, M80.00XK, M80.00XP, M80.00XS, M80.011A, M80.011D, M80.011G, M80.011K, M80.011P, M80.011S, M80.012A, M80.012D, M80.012G, M80.012K, M80.012P, M80.012S, M80.019A, M80.019D, M80.019G, M80.019K, M80.019P, M80.019S, M80.021A, M80.021D, M80.021G, M80.021K, M80.021P, M80.021S, M80.022A, M80.022D, M80.022G, M80.022K, M80.022P, M80.022S, M80.029A, M80.029D, M80.029G, M80.029K, M80.029P, M80.029S, M80.031A, M80.031D, M80.031G, M80.031K, M80.031P, M80.031S, M80.032A, M80.032D, M80.032G, M80.032K, M80.032P, M80.032S, M80.039A, M80.039D, M80.039G, M80.039K, M80.039P, M80.039S, M80.041A, M80.041D, M80.041G, M80.041K, M80.041P, M80.041S, M80.042A, M80.042D, M80.042G, M80.042K, M80.042P, M80.042S, M80.049A, M80.049D, M80.049G, M80.049K, M80.049P, M80.049S, M80.051A, M80.051D, M80.051G, M80.051K, M80.051P, M80.051S, M80.052A, M80.052D, M80.052G, M80.052K, M80.052P, M80.052S, M80.059A, M80.059D, M80.059G, M80.059K, M80.059P, M80.059S, M80.061A, M80.061D, M80.061G, M80.061K, M80.061P, M80.061S, M80.062A, M80.062D, M80.062G, M80.062K, M80.062P, M80.062S, M80.069A, M80.069D, M80.069G, M80.069K, M80.069P, M80.069S, M80.071A, M80.071D, M80.071G, M80.071K, M80.071P, M80.071S, M80.072A, M80.072D, M80.072G, M80.072K, M80.072P, M80.072S, M80.079A, M80.079D, M80.079G, M80.079K, M80.079P, M80.079S, M80.08XA, M80.08XD, M80.08XG, M80.08XK, M80.08XP, M80.08XS
About the Disease:
Post-menopausal osteoporosis is a disorder associated with weak or brittle bones. It is a chronic disease that affects the skeletal system.
Source: National Institutes of Health