Open - We are accepting applications for new and renewal patients. If your application for assistance is approved you can begin receiving funding immediately.
$2,100 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for prostate cancer.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers his qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- Patient must be required to travel greater than 20 miles (one way) to receive his prescribed treatment. Exceptions to distance requirements are made for patients living in large metropolitan cities.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Abiraterone Acetate (abiraterone acetate)
- Bicalutamide (bicalutamide)
- Carboplatin (carboplatin)
- Casodex (bicalutamide)
- Cisplatin (cisplatin)
- Cortef (hydrocortisone)
- Deltasone (prednisone)
- Docefrez (docetaxel)
- Docetaxel (docetaxel)
- Eligard (leuprolide acetate)
- Erleada (apalutamide)
- Etopophos (etoposide phosphate)
- Etoposide (etoposide)
- Firmagon (degarelix acetate)
- Flutamide (flutamide)
- Hydrocortisone (hydrocortisone)
- Jevtana (cabazitaxel)
- Ketoconazole (ketoconazole)
- Keytruda (pembrolizumab)
- Leuprolide Acetate (leuprolide acetate)
- Lupron Depot (leuprolide acetate)
- Medrol (methylprednisolone)
- Metastron (strontium-89 chloride)
- Methylprednisolone (methylprednisolone)
- Methylprednisolone Acetate (methylprednisolone acetate)
- Methylprednisolone Acetate (methylprednisolone acetate in sodium chloride,iso-osmotic/pf)
- Methylprednisolone Sodium Succ (methylprednisolone sodium succinate)
- Mitoxantrone Hcl (mitoxantrone hcl)
- Nilandron (nilutamide)
- Nilutamide (nilutamide)
- Prednisone (prednisone)
- Prolia (denosumab)
- Provenge (sipuleucel-t/lactated ringers solution)
- Rayos (prednisone)
- Taxotere (docetaxel)
- Toposar (etoposide)
- Trelstar (triptorelin pamoate)
- Vantas (histrelin acetate)
- Xgeva (denosumab)
- Xofigo (radium-223 dichloride)
- Xtandi (enzalutamide)
- Yonsa (abiraterone acetate, submicronized)
- Zoladex (goserelin acetate)
- Zytiga (abiraterone acetate)
ICD-10: C61, D07.5, D29.1
About the Disease:
Prostate cancer is a type of cancer that occurs in the prostate and can spread to the bones. It affects the exocine and skeletel systems.
Source: National Institutes of Health