Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
The PAN Foundation’s Secondary Hyperparathyroidism fund is currently closed. As of April 22, 2019, HealthWell is accepting applications.
For current information, log in to FundFinder.
$2,300 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for secondary hyperparathyroidism.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 400% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Auryxia (ferric citrate)
- Calcitriol (calcitriol)
- Calcium Acetate (calcium acetate)
- Cinacalcet Hcl (cinacalcet hcl)
- Doxercalciferol (doxercalciferol)
- Eliphos (calcium acetate)
- Fosrenol (lanthanum carbonate)
- Hectorol (doxercalciferol)
- Paricalcitol (paricalcitol)
- Phoslyra (calcium acetate)
- Rayaldee (calcifediol)
- Renagel (sevelamer hcl)
- Renvela (sevelamer carbonate)
- Rocaltrol (calcitriol)
- Sensipar (cinacalcet hcl)
- Sevelamer Carbonate (sevelamer carbonate)
- Velphoro (sucroferric oxyhydroxide)
- Zemplar (paricalcitol)
ICD-10: E21.1, N25.81
About the Disease:
Secondary hyperparathyroidism (SHPT), also known as end stage renal disease, is a disorder associated with chronic kidney failure and excessive secretion of the parathyroid hormone. SHPT is a chronic disease that affects the endocrine system.
Source: National Institutes of Health