Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
For current information, log in to FundFinder.
$18,700 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for short bowel syndrome.
- The patient must have health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Gattex (teduglutide)
- Nutrestore (glutamine)
- Total Parenteral Nutrition Formulation (n/a)
- Zorbtive (somatropin)
ICD-10: K90.49, K90.89, K90.9, K91.2
About the Disease:
Short bowel syndrome (SBS), also known as short gut syndrome, is a disorder that occurs after the small intestine is removed or when there is extensive disease of the small intestine. SBS is a rare disease that affects the digestive system.
Source: National Institutes of Health