Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
The PAN Foundation’s Short Bowel Syndrome fund is currently closed. As of June 24, 2019, The Assistance Fund is accepting applications.
For current information, log in to FundFinder.
$18,700 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for short bowel syndrome.
- The patient must have health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Gattex (teduglutide)
- Nutrestore (glutamine)
- Total Parenteral Nutrition Formulation (n/a)
- Zorbtive (somatropin)
ICD-10: K90.49, K90.89, K90.9, K91.2
About the Disease:
Short bowel syndrome (SBS), also known as short gut syndrome, is a disorder that occurs after the small intestine is removed or when there is extensive disease of the small intestine. SBS is a rare disease that affects the digestive system.
Source: National Institutes of Health