Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
For current information, log in to FundFinder.
Maximum Award Level
$6,300 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for systemic lupus erythematosus.
- The patient must have health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Azasan (azathioprine)
- Azathioprine (azathioprine)
- Azathioprine Sodium (azathioprine sodium)
- Benlysta (belimumab)
- Betamethasone Acetate-sod Phos (betamethasone acetate and sodium phos in sterile water/pf)
- Betamethasone Sod Phos-acetate (betamethasone acetate/betamethasone sodium phosphate)
- Cambia (diclofenac potassium)
- Celebrex (celecoxib)
- Cellcept (mycophenolate mofetil)
- Cellcept (mycophenolate mofetil hcl)
- Chloroquine Phosphate (chloroquine phosphate)
- Cyclophosphamide (cyclophosphamide)
- Cyclosporine (cyclosporine)
- Cyclosporine Modified (cyclosporine, modified)
- Deltasone (prednisone)
- Diflunisal (diflunisal)
- Durlaza (aspirin)
- Gengraf (cyclosporine, modified)
- Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate (hydroxychloroquine sulfate)
- Imuran (azathioprine)
- Indocin (indomethacin)
- Ketoprofen (ketoprofen)
- Lodine (etodolac)
- Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium)
- Methylprednisolone Acetate (methylprednisolone acetate)
- Methylprednisolone Sodium Succ (methylprednisolone sodium succinate)
- Mycophenolate Mofetil (mycophenolate mofetil)
- Mycophenolate Mofetil (mycophenolate mofetil hcl)
- Naproxen (naproxen)
- Neoral (cyclosporine, modified)
- Otrexup (methotrexate/pf)
- Oxaprozin (oxaprozin)
- P-care D40 (methylprednisolone acetate)
- P-care D80 (methylprednisolone acetate)
- Piroxicam (piroxicam)
- Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate)
- Prednisone (prednisone)
- Rasuvo (methotrexate/pf)
- Rayos (prednisone)
- Readysharp Methylprednisolone (methylprednisolone acetate)
- Rituxan (rituximab)
- Sandimmune (cyclosporine)
- Solu-medrol (methylprednisolone sodium succinate/pf)
- Sulindac (sulindac)
- Tolmetin Sodium (tolmetin sodium)
- Trexall (methotrexate sodium)
- Triamcinolone Acetonide (triamcinolone acetonide)
- Triamcinolone Diacetate (triamcinolone diacetate in 0.9 % sodium chloride)
- Voltaren-xr (diclofenac sodium)
- Xatmep (methotrexate)
- Zipsor (diclofenac potassium)
- Zorvolex (diclofenac submicronized)
ICD-10: M32.10, M32.11, M32.12, M32.13, M32.14, M32.15, M32.19, M32.8, M32.9
About the Disease:
Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), also known as lupus, is an inflammatory disease caused when the immune system attacks its own tissues. SLE is a chronic disease that affects the immune system.
Source: National Institutes of Health