Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
The PAN Foundation’s Systemic Lupus Erythematosus fund is currently closed. As of December 19, 2018, The Assistance Fund is accepting applications.
Maximum Award Level
$6,300 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for systemic lupus erythematosus.
- The patient must have health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Azasan (azathioprine)
- Azathioprine (azathioprine)
- Benlysta (belimumab)
- Betamethasone Acetate-Sod Phos (betamethasone acetate and sodium phos in sterile water/pf)
- Betamethasone Acetate-Sod Phos (betamethasone acetate/betamethasone sodium phosphate)
- Cellcept (mycophenolate mofetil)
- Chloroquine Phosphate (chloroquine phosphate)
- Cyclophosphamide (cyclophosphamide)
- Cyclosporine Modified (cyclosporine, modified)
- Deltasone (prednisone)
- Gengraf (cyclosporine, modified)
- Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate (hydroxychloroquine sulfate)
- Imuran (azathioprine)
- Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium)
- Methylprednisolone (methylprednisolone)
- Mycophenolate Mofetil (mycophenolate mofetil)
- Neoral (cyclosporine, modified)
- Otrexup (methotrexate/pf)
- P-Care (methylprednisolone acetate)
- Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate)
- Prednisone (prednisone)
- Rasuvo (methotrexate/pf)
- Rayos (prednisone)
- Restasis Multidose (cyclosporine)
- Rheumatrex (methotrexate sodium)
- Sandimmune (cyclosporine)
- Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone sodium succinate/pf)
- Trexall (methotrexate sodium)
- Triamcinolone Acetonide (triamcinolone acetonide)
- Triamcinolone Diacetate (triamcinolone diacetate in 0.9 % sodium chloride)
- Xatmep (methotrexate)
ICD-10: M32.10-M32.15, M32.8-M32.9, M32.19