Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
Maximum Award Level
$6,300 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for systemic lupus erythematosus.
- The patient must have health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Azasan (azathioprine)
- Azathioprine (azathioprine)
- Benlysta (belimumab)
- Betamethasone Acetate-Sod Phos (betamethasone acetate and sodium phos in sterile water/pf)
- Betamethasone Acetate-Sod Phos (betamethasone acetate/betamethasone sodium phosphate)
- Cellcept (mycophenolate mofetil)
- Chloroquine Phosphate (chloroquine phosphate)
- Cyclophosphamide (cyclophosphamide)
- Cyclosporine Modified (cyclosporine, modified)
- Deltasone (prednisone)
- Gengraf (cyclosporine, modified)
- Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate (hydroxychloroquine sulfate)
- Imuran (azathioprine)
- Methotrexate (methotrexate sodium)
- Methylprednisolone (methylprednisolone)
- Mycophenolate Mofetil (mycophenolate mofetil)
- Neoral (cyclosporine, modified)
- Otrexup (methotrexate/pf)
- P-Care (methylprednisolone acetate)
- Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate)
- Prednisone (prednisone)
- Rasuvo (methotrexate/pf)
- Rayos (prednisone)
- Restasis Multidose (cyclosporine)
- Rheumatrex (methotrexate sodium)
- Sandimmune (cyclosporine)
- Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone sodium succinate/pf)
- Trexall (methotrexate sodium)
- Triamcinolone Acetonide (triamcinolone acetonide)
- Triamcinolone Diacetate (triamcinolone diacetate in 0.9 % sodium chloride)
- Xatmep (methotrexate)
ICD-10: M32.10-M32.15, M32.8-M32.9, M32.19