Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
The PAN Foundation’s Thyroid Cancer fund is currently closed. As of January 23, 2020, CancerCare is accepting applications.
For current information, log in to FundFinder.
$5,700 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for thyroid cancer.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Adriamycin (doxorubicin hcl)
- Caprelsa (vandetanib)
- Carboplatin (carboplatin)
- Cometriq (cabozantinib s-malate)
- Dacarbazine (dacarbazine)
- Docefrez (docetaxel)
- Docetaxel (docetaxel)
- Doxorubicin Hcl (doxorubicin hcl)
- Euthyrox (levothyroxine sodium)
- Fluorouracil (fluorouracil)
- Inlyta (axitinib)
- Lenvima (lenvatinib mesylate)
- Levo-t (levothyroxine sodium)
- Levothyroxine Sodium (levothyroxine sodium)
- Levoxyl (levothyroxine sodium)
- Liothyronine Sodium (liothyronine sodium)
- Medrol (methylprednisolone)
- Mekinist (trametinib dimethyl sulfoxide)
- Methylprednisolone (methylprednisolone)
- Nexavar (sorafenib tosylate)
- Paclitaxel (paclitaxel)
- Prednisone (prednisone)
- Rozlytrek (entrectinib)
- Sutent (sunitinib malate)
- Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium)
- Tafinlar (dabrafenib mesylate)
- Taxotere (docetaxel)
- Thyrogen (thyrotropin alfa)
- Tirosint (levothyroxine sodium)
- Unithroid (levothyroxine sodium)
- Vitrakvi (larotrectinib sulfate)
- Votrient (pazopanib hcl)
- Zanosar (streptozocin)
- Zelboraf (vemurafenib)
- Zortress (everolimus)
About the Disease:
Thyroid cancer (TC) is a type of cancer that occurs in the thyroid. Thyroid cancer affects the endocrine system.
Source: National Institutes of Health