Open - We are accepting applications for new and renewal patients. If your application for assistance is approved you can begin receiving funding immediately.
$5,000 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia.
- The patient must have Medicare health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Afinitor (everolimus)
- Arzerra (ofatumumab)
- Belrapzo (bendamustine hcl)
- Bendamustine Hcl (bendamustine hcl)
- Bendeka (bendamustine hcl)
- Bortezomib (bortezomib)
- Cladribine (cladribine)
- Cyclophosphamide (cyclophosphamide)
- Decadron (dexamethasone)
- Deltasone (prednisone)
- Dexamethasone Acetate La (dexamethasone acetate in sodium chloride, iso-osmotic)
- Dexamethasone Acetate-sod Phos (dexamethasone acetate and sodium phosphate in sterile water)
- Dexamethasone Intensol (dexamethasone)
- Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate (dexamethasone sodium phosphate)
- Dexamethasone-0.9% Nacl (dexamethasone sodium phosphate in 0.9 % sodium chloride)
- Fludarabine Phosphate (fludarabine phosphate)
- Imbruvica (ibrutinib)
- Kyprolis (carfilzomib)
- Leukeran (chlorambucil)
- Lidocidex-i (dexamethasone sodium phosphate/lidocaine hcl)
- Millipred (prednisolone)
- Millipred (prednisolone sodium phosphate)
- Orapred Odt (prednisolone sodium phosphate)
- Pediapred (prednisolone sodium phosphate)
- Prednisolone (prednisolone)
- Prednisolone Sodium Phosphate (prednisolone sodium phosphate)
- Prednisone (prednisone)
- Rayos (prednisone)
- Readysharp Dexamethasone (dexamethasone sodium phosphate)
- Rituxan (rituximab)
- Rituxan Hycela (rituximab/hyaluronidase, human recombinant)
- Thalomid (thalidomide)
- Treanda (bendamustine hcl)
- Velcade (bortezomib)
- Veripred 20 (prednisolone sodium phosphate)
About the Disease:
Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia (WM), also known as, lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma, is a type of blood cancer that originates in the lymphatic system and is characterized by an excess of abnormal white blood cells and proteins called immunoglobulins. WM is a subtype of non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma and affects the circulatory system.
Source: National Institutes of Health