Currently Closed – We are no longer accepting or processing applications for new or renewal patients.
For current information, log in to FundFinder.
$7,400 per year. Patients may apply for a second grant during their eligibility period subject to availability of funding.
- The patient must be getting treatment for Wilson disease.
- The patient must have health insurance that covers his or her qualifying medication or product.
- The patient’s medication or product must be listed on PAN’s list of covered medications.
- The patient’s income must fall at or below 500% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- The patient must reside and receive treatment in the United States or U.S. territories. (U.S. citizenship is not a requirement.)
See the list of medications covered in this program
- Clovique (trientine hcl)
- Cuprimine (penicillamine)
- Depen (penicillamine)
- D-penamine (penicillamine)
- Galzin (zinc acetate)
- Penicillamine (penicillamine)
- Syprine (trientine hcl)
- Trientine Hcl (trientine hcl)
- Zinc Sulfate (zinc sulfate)
ICD-10: E83.00, E83.01, E83.09, E83.9, E88.9
About the Disease:
Wilson's Disease (WD), also known as hepatolenticular degeneration, is an inherited disorder that causes too much copper to accumulate in the organs. Wilson's Disease is a rare disease that affects the nervous system.
Source: National Institutes of Health