Portal Validation FAQs
At PAN, we’re dedicated to advancing our systems and providing exceptional service. To ensure our systems remain efficient, safe and secure we require all PAN Provider and Pharmacy portal accounts be validated annually by portal administrators.
- Why does my portal account need to be validated?
- Who is responsible for validating portal accounts?
- Can I validate accounts if I am not the administrator?
- What should I do if the portal administrator no longer works at my facility or I do not know who my portal administrator is?
- My facility has multiple portal administrators. Who should validate my account?
- I am the portal administrator. How do I begin the validation process?
- I am the portal administrator. Who will validate my account?
- Can accounts be validated over the phone?
- How long do administrators have to validate portal accounts?
- Will users have access to the portal if their account is not validated?
- What do the portal validation reasons mean?
- I need help reviewing my account. Who can I contact?
The portal validation requirement ensures all users are active and account information is accurate. This helps maintain the security of confidential health information.
Your organization’s portal administrator is responsible for validating your organization’s portal accounts by September 10, 2019.
No. Only your organization’s portal administrator may validate accounts.
4. What should I do if the portal administrator no longer works at my facility or I do not know who my portal administrator is?
If your portal administrator is no longer with your facility, contact PAN to change user roles.
If you do not know your administrator, contact PAN to obtain their name.
Any of your facility’s portal administrators can validate your account. Once your account has been validated by one administrator, the requirement will be satisfied for your account.
Follow these quick steps to complete the validation process:
Portal administrators can validate their own accounts.
No. Administrators must complete the validation process through the portal.
All portal accounts must be validated before September 10, 2019.
Beginning September 10, accounts that have not been validated will not have access to the portal. Please ensure timely validation to maintain portal access.
- a. User still with the organization (Select if user currently works for your organization.)
- b. User no longer with the organization (Select if user is no longer employed by your organization.)
- c. User does not need access, but still with the organization (Select if user currently works for your organization but does not use their portal account.)
- d. User not recognized or was never with this organization (If you are unsure, please verify this information with your Human Resources department before completing the validation process. Once you select this option, all patients linked to this user will no longer be visible on the portal.)
If you have any further questions, please contact PAN at 1-866-316-7263 and select option 4, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.