From everyone at the PAN Foundation, we hope that you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy during the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
During these challenging and uncertain times, the PAN Foundation stands with you and your family. Now, more than ever, we are committed to serving people living with serious and chronic health conditions. To that end, you’ll find several resources in this email to help you better protect and manage your health at this time.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend the following steps to protect yourself:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you have been in a public place. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
These reputable public health organizations and government agencies have published useful resources on how to best manage your health during this time:
- What To Do If You Are Sick – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Coronavirus: What Older Adults Need to Know – National Council on Aging
- Common Questions and Answers About COVID-19 For Older Adults and People With Chronic Health Conditions – Alliance for Aging Research
You may also have concerns regarding the cost of COVID-19 related testing and treatment. If you are feeling ill, or think you may have been exposed to COVID-19, call your healthcare provider.
Thankfully, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has waived cost-sharing for people on Medicare who would like to get tested for COVID-19. Learn more about Medicare-covered services related to coronavirus, including how you can refill your prescriptions early and other types of care you might need.
The PAN Foundation will continue to stay open and provide financial assistance to patients during this time.
If you have any questions about your grant, do not hesitate to call us at 1-866-316-7263 from Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET, or log in to your online portal account. We are here to help.
We will continue to monitor the situation and share resources to keep you informed.
Yours in health,
President and CEO
Was this helpful?